What is a Non Executive Director
Great companies often have great leaders at the helm. One way to ensure that the company figurehead is performing and being accountable for his or her actions is to have a strong dynamic and experienced Board of Directors.
The inclusion of a non Executive Director who may be an industry specialist, a personality, a ‘Dragon’ type individual who has achieved great in business or specifically within the sector.
What benefits can a Non Executive Director bring?
- Fresh ideas, working practices and knowledge of technology to help improve the business
- Fresh links to further finance
- Strategic influence at a local, regional, national or even wider level
- Credibility in the eyes of your clients, staff, sector, funders and wider stakeholders
- Develop and enhance existing senior staff or existing company Directors
Why use TSL?
- All recruitment is about developing strong relationships, that’s why we always hold detailed discussions with the current executive team and any other influencers, stakeholders and decision makers
- Discuss and importantly agree the key attributes, business impact requirements and other qualities that the existing senior team require of any new non executive appointee
- Identify specific company, market, sector and operational experience required
- Agree companies, personnel and individuals where there may be a future conflict of interest or negative impact if they were appointed
From the discussions we should jointly be able to identify and agree a ‘Personal Profile’. ONLY when this is agreed would we then:
- Identify potential candidates
- Identify ‘High Value Targets’
- Begin the recruitment process
How do we attract the best Non Executive Directors?
- Direct approach and engagement of those we have identified as ‘High Value Targets’
- Online and where agreed industry specific targeted advertising in sector magazines, job boards, newspapers
- Searching and promotion through our existing networks and contacts
The style of our delivery and communication with the company or individual managing the recruitment process on behalf of the company is set and agreed at the beginning, we tailor our service, recruitment processes, communication & provision of evidence according to the needs of the company.
It is a bespoke service, built on a sound established and trusted relationship.
We manage the whole process for you and always make ourselves available for all pre-interview, interview and post interview stages, managing at all times the relationship and communication between the candidate and you the client.
We would welcome the opportunity to discus your need, explain our services and approach. For more information please contact our Sheffield Office on 01142 612 312 and ask for Tracey Lally, who runs our Executive Appointments desk.
ALL ENQUIRIES ARE TREATED WITH THE STRICTEST CONFIDENCE